Fees, Provisions & Payments
Maranatha's International Student Program offers its students unparalleled academics, excellent support services, challenging programming, and so much more at a price that is unmatched in the industry. Our program is carefully designed to prepare students for a successful college or university education in the United States or abroad.
We are an influential school of collaborators, innovators, and explorers grounded in Christian faith, empowering co-creators of tomorrow. Our international students are fully supported— academically, socially, and emotionally—throughout their time at MCA.
International Student Tuition & Fees
2023-2024 (all figures are in US Dollars)
|Upper School Tuition (Grades 9-12)||$13,620|
|Middle School Tuition (Grades 5-8)||$12,900|
|Annual Enrollment Fee||$ 3,100|
|International Student Program Fee||$10,500*|
|Health Insurance (optional – must provide proof of insurance)||$ 2,000|
|MCA Host Family (optional)||$ 9,000**|
*The following services are included for all international students. These benefits, often extremely limited or non-existent in other international programs, are fundamental at MCA:
- Dedicated International Student Program Coordinator who serves as an advisor and confidant to international students on a daily basis and regularly monitors their academic achievement.
- Beginner to advanced English Language Learner (ELL) courses with a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio are available for all international students. International students are enrolled in ELL to help with the cultural transition to an American high school environment, develop strong academic English and vocabulary, and cultivate their skills in all four domains - speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Academic transition and language support is provided throughout the student's time at Maranatha and in preparation for post-secondary education. Ongoing academic assistance is available, especially in History, English, Bible, essay writing, and high-level reading comprehension. Students work one-on-one or in small groups throughout the entire duration of their MCA experience.
- College application support is available, particularly with primary college application essays and supplemental writing essays. Maranatha has a strong emphasis on college preparatory writing. Counselors help students understand the American educational system's standards and course requirements to attend top Universities.
- Social and emotional support: all international students have the Program Coordinator and licensed professional counselors available to help them navigate homesickness, friendships, social situations, stress, and culture shock. When needed, the International Student Program Coordinator works closely with the School Counselors and Dean of Students to be sure the student is happy and healthy during their time at MCA. Support includes connecting international students to American students, faculty and administration, and co-curricular activities.
- Annual International Student Orientation: one-on-one meetings with the Dean of Students to create a class schedule, acclimation to the classroom and school culture, laptop orientation, plagiarism discussion, school supply shopping, sightseeing in the Twin Cities, and student networking opportunities.
- Special social events throughout the year to assist new and returning students develop and maintain strong friendships.
- Service outreach opportunities that allow students to engage with their peers and connect with their local communities and the Twin Cities area.
- Daily hot lunch with healthy and dietary-sensitive options.
- Professional development of faculty in how to best serve international students' needs and deepen their understanding of working with students from varying cultures. The International Student Program Coordinator plays a pivotal role in facilitating communication between students, teachers, host parents, and natural parents, ensuring the success of our students.
**Host family selection, acclimation, and support: International host families are carefully recruited, selected, and vetted to ensure the highest quality experience for our students. The International Student Program Coordinator works closely with students and their host families to ensure that the home is a safe, welcoming, happy environment for all. Quarterly home visits, one-on-one check-ins with students and host families, communication with natural parents, and student/family events are all ways that the Program Coordinator works with host families and students to build routine, communication, and a supportive experience.
For more information on international student program tuition and fees, please contact International Admissions, Maranatha Christian Academy, 9201 75th Avenue North, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428, USA. Telephone: 763-488-7900. Fax: 763-315-7294
- The non-refundable application fee must be included with the admission application form.
- An acceptance letter and payment instructions will be sent by email.
- The family/agency will pay the enrollment fee to hold the student’s place in the upcoming school year.
- Upon receipt of the enrollment fee the I-20 will be issued with invoice showing fees paid and future fees that are due.
- The U.S. Government requires that the I-901 fee is paid before an appointment is made at the embassy to receive the F-1 Student Visa. The applicant is required to bring a receipt proving payment of this fee to the interview at the embassy.
The remaining fees and provisions must be paid in full prior to arrival in Minnesota. Payment is to be made in USD. Wire transfers using Flywire is the preferred method of payment. If needed, Maranatha can accept a bank draft. Wire transfer information will be included with the acceptance letter. Maranatha must be notified via email 48 hours before a wire transfer is made at [email protected].
Upon arrival, it is advisable for students to have a credit card for incidental purchases. In addition, students may set up a personal banking account at Wells Fargo Bank. Incidental costs for students average between $600- $1,000 USD and may include special activities, school supplies, personal items, and entertainment funds.
Health insurance enrollment is required before leaving your home country. Maranatha provides insurance through Independent School Management (ISM). Health insurance will not be issued until tuition and fees have been paid in full. In most cases, the cost of the insurance is included in the tuition and fees and includes accident coverage for injury and illness; death benefits (including repatriation of remains); disability and dismemberment benefits; emergency medical evaluation; emergency visitation expenses; and 24-hour emergency assistance services. The insurance does not provide preventative health care. Do not plan to have major medical, dental, or eye examinations while living in the USA. Coverage is active from the time of your student’s departure from their home country until they return. Students should carry their insurance card at all times. Insurance enrollment information will be provided upon full payment of tuition. Should a claim arise, Maranatha will connect you with the correct individual at ISM, but will be unable to provide assistance in the claims process.
In the event the student decides to disenroll from Maranatha, no tuition or host family fees paid will be refunded. The application fee and enrollment fee are non-refundable. (Exception: Enrollment fee will be refunded with proper evidence showing proof of visa denial twice by the embassy.)
Students who enroll in Maranatha Christian Academy are committed to attending school for a minimum of one academic year. Students who withdraw or transfer before this time are responsible for the full year’s tuition and will not be granted any refund of fees or tuition. If a student is asked by the Administration to withdraw from Maranatha Christian Academy, all tuition and fees for the current semester are non-refundable, and all host family fees for the entire year are non-refundable.
For more information on International Student Program tuition and fees, please fill out the contact email the International Student Department.