What is an Assignment Target Due Date?
Each assignment has a target due date. Students should aim to turn in their assignments on this date. Students may, however, turn assignments in before or after the target due date. Assignments turned in up to 14 days after the target due date receive full credit. Assignments turned in 14 or more days after the target due date will incur a 10% late penalty.
If I withdraw from a course, does it effect my GPA?
If students withdraw from a course, they will receive a "withdrawn" status. Withdrawn does not appear on your transcript and will no effect your GPA. There are fees involved for withdrawn courses.
What is the recommended length of each course?
Unless requested, Maranatha will apply our standard semester/year long course length (18 weeks or 36 weeks) to each course during our school year. Students may however request a shorter semester or a longer semester accordingly:
- Semester courses (0.5 credit) must be completed between 6 weeks and 6 months.
- Year-long courses (1,0 credit) must be completed between 12 weeks and 10 months.
Can I change my course after I enroll?
Please review the following timelines and fees associated with changing or withdrawing from a course.
- Enrolled but before the start date: $$20 change fee
- Day 1 - Day 10: $$50 change fee
- Day 11 - Day 24: $$160 change fee
- Day 25+: Full course fee
How much time should I expect to spend working on my courses each week?
- Students in regular courses can expect to spend 4-5 hours each week in their course.
- Students in honors or AP courses can expect to spend 6-8 hours each week in their course.
Note: each student is a unique learner. These are general guidelines based on the average time.